Friday, September 2, 2016

Grocery Haul // September: Week One

Grocery haul for the first week of September. It might not seem like much, but it took some plotting and scheming. My first stop was at CVS, where I did two transactions and spent only $9 for everything pictured below, including two Skintimate Shaving creams, Colgate toothpaste, Wet'n'Wild nail polish, three boxes of Puffs Plus Lotion with Vicks, Trolli gummies bag, and three Cherry Coke twelve packs! The nail polish will be thrown in to s gift bag and the gummies aren't pictured because they were being hidden from Donnie.



A 99% savings! That's what I like to see.

My next stop was Hyvee, where I stocked up on their one day sale items and the "quick foods" I mentioned previously. I bought four Tony's pizzas, four Red Baron pizzas (price matched), eight bags of various steamable vegetables, two family size bags of Lays chips, three boxes of Pillsbury brownies, four 12 packs of pop, one 18 count carton of eggs, two mangos, and four avocados. That ended up being $50, but it got me 44 cents on the Fuel Saver card and ended up saving us about $7.50 on a tank of gas.

I'm planning to make this haul last as long as I can, and combined with all the food we already have, I think I can stretch it pretty far.

We did grab McDonalds today for Jairo & Donnie, which I'm not thrilled about. But I used a coupon on the app for a free medium fry for Donnie and Jairo used the 2/$5 deal on large fries, so at least we took advantage of what we could.

I'll plan and post our meal plan for next week, but I'm going to be induced if this girl doesn't come naturally by Friday, so it's likely to be a crazy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment